• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer Case Bushing

seand

NAXJA Forum User
I have a stock 98 and I need to know something about the rubber bushings between the bottom of the tc and the cross member. Is there supposed to be any rubber on the cross member - I have a strip of rubber less than 1/4"high and there is a good 1/2" gap bewteen the cross member and the bottom of the rubber bushing on the tc mount. Does the cross member always serve as a support for the tc or does it only serve to stop it from dropping too far? Any comments?

In another thread I have mentioned that since I raised my rear by about 1" I've been having vibes under heavy acceleration and while at highway speed. Since I've raised the tc slightly and placed rubber shims between the tc case and the crossmember, the vibes under acceleration have all but disappeared and are lessened at highway speed. Are these shims replacing bushing that should be there anyway?

Also, since I've added the rubber shims the vehicle is shifting in and out of 4wd much smoother.

Sean

Sean

Last edited:
Back