• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best axle shipper price from Midwest to West Coast

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
I found and axle I want to buy on ebay and need it shipped from IL to CA. What is the cheapest way of shipping a complete axle, this is a rev dana 44 complete, cross country? Please advise. I'm looking at forward air. Does anyone know if UPS would handle something this big?
Troy

thats probably your best bet. I use con-way because I have a 65% discount. cost me about $165 to ship a built axle from socal to cincinatti. if its just the housing then it might be able to go UPS hundred weight.
Big Red said:
I found and axle I want to buy on ebay and need it shipped from IL to CA. What is the cheapest way of shipping a complete axle, this is a rev dana 44 complete, cross country? Please advise. I'm looking at forward air. Does anyone know if UPS would handle something this big?
Troy

Wow, those are some cheap shipping rates for you guys. Thanks for the info.

Heah Ryan, do you know what the weight limit is for UPS to ship ground before you need to pay for truck freight, I thought I heard it was 200 lbs?

Sean: What's IIRC?

The axle I'm interested in is a complete f-150 78' rev dana 44 from Moline, IL (Iowa/IL border) to me here in Sacto. I really want this axle so I will have dana 44's front and rear.

Big Red said:
The axle I'm interested in is a complete f-150 78' rev dana 44 from Moline, IL (Iowa/IL border) to me here in Sacto. I really want this axle so I will have dana 44's front and rear.

my mom lives out there...thanks for the heads up. i think i just found myself a new axle. :kissyou:

cheers,

jj

btw i can assure you ups will have nothing to do with a complete axle.

jjchgo said:
my mom lives out there...thanks for the heads up. i think i just found myself a new axle. :kissyou:

cheers,

jj

btw i can assure you ups will have nothing to do with a complete axle.

Heah, don't steal my axle dude. :nono: Yeah, I don't think UPS or FED-EX etc will ship it. I'm looking into Forward Air if I can get in touch with this guy for dimensions and weight.

There are some people headed out west in Oct. if you can wait that long some one can take it to Moab, and some one else can bring it to you after the event.

seanR said:
There are some people headed out west in Oct. if you can wait that long some one can take it to Moab, and some one else can bring it to you after the event.

Thanks Sean. Yeah, I can wait. It will take a bit of time for me to built it up how I want it (arb or detroit, 5.13 gears, xj control arm mounts etc). I'll look into shipping charges and definately compensate someone if they bring it out to me from IL. You guys are great! Thanks...Troy :wave:

ChuckD said:
So I guess you got your 35" MTR fixed?

No, I'm going to measure the thread and see if Rob's 25% 1 will work for me and then give him a good price for it. I just got back from IL yesterday and am at work. It wouldn't be a bad idea either to get a tire warranty from American Tire or Sam's club and then if this ever happens again I can get it fixed from them. I love those mtr's.

Heah, does anyone in Northern California or elsewhere have a good line on shipping complete axles cheap? If you do and the price is good, I can compensate you for it. I just want to keep the price down on shipping. Please advise.
thanks...Troy

Back