• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Problems HELP!!!

94XJ4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I just stareted installing my lift kit and i was taking off the lower control arms when i found that the Bolt on the right side lower control arm farthest from the front axle wont come out. i have the nut off and the bolt spins, but it wont some out. The drive side came out ez. i just took the nut off and pushed the bolt through with a punch. The right side wont move though. Its like there is a pin in there stoping it from sliding out but allowing it to turn. i kno thats not it but thats thats what it feels like. Kinda like when you are replacing a u joint but forget to take out a c clip. Neway ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated. I sprayed some liquid wrench down in there to sit overnight. but thats the best i have come up with so far.

The bolt is probably rusted in the sleeve. Some heat on the bolt might help break the bond.

Yea that definatly sounds like it could be the problem becasue when i turned the bole the whole CA went with it. thanks for the help. if anyone else has any other suggestions Im willing to try anything short of cutting it out.

cut it out and get a new bolt...wait, you said you didnt want to do that?

B..F..H..

Or an air hammer/chisel.

I would cut it out. its just that the kit didnt come with new bolts for the control arms. i really think is should but whatever. its rustys... the kit was cheap. and the only thing im keeping out of it long term are the spring packs i got... Yea i would cut it out, but every time i try to get some kinda of unique bolt for my jeep the auto parts stoors never have them, or they are friggin expencive. so i usaully just clean up the old ones.

you should always try to replace your hardware with new stuff when youre doing a lift and whatnot. i suggest looking for a specialty screw store in your area, they usually carry stock like hardware

Back