• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Do I dO next?

BoostyKid

NAXJA Forum User
ok heres the deal guys. Have a 96 xj on 33" pro comp mud terains. rear tire swing out, high lift, SYE, and am about to get gears. now im wondering if its ready to actually take on some bigger trails, such as the rubicon or slick rock or something. also what should be my next investment. D44? Locker?
Also how do i get a signature?

shaun

Well since you asked, https://secure.naxja.org/html/naxjamemberapp.htm

What rear axle do you have? In the SC post you said you had a RE 4.5" lift. Have you trimmed enough. How much armor do you have?

As far as the Con, it can be done with 31" tires, with gears and lockers. You have to pick good lines and keep off the skinny pedal. With your 33's it will be a bit easier, I sugest getting 4.88's, but that depends on your rear axle. If it's an 8.25 your limited to 4.56. As far as lockers, I know you can do it with just a rear locker, a front locker will make it that much easier.

The biggest thing about going on trails like the Con. Is having the spare parts, tools and knowledge on how to fix your junk. If you don;t have the knowledge, at least have buddies there who do.

Just be ready for body damage, even with protection there will be a rock with your name on it.

Back