• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ltb's are in

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
i know you all want some pics. sorry it takes too long to do. but here is my question(s) first do the ltb's say ltb on the side or what when i got mine i was looking over them and on the tread and on the side it says tsl anywho. my other question well more of a statement is wtf i put them on and my rig is shimmyin bad around 30-45 i thought they would be loud and vib a little but not shake me all over the place they are ballanced but it took tons of weight bout 15oz on one. my tie rod is slightly bent and i figure this would cause probs but with my other tires it had a very very slight shimmy now it is terrible do bigger tires make alignment poblems stand out more?

Holy crap!

15oz?

My 35 mtrs all balanced out with less than 1oz. per wheel

No wonder you're chattering teeth.

15oz?? have the bead broken and turn the tire 90 degrees on the wheel and try again... you didnt specify but i assume its the 33 or 34" flavor.. look into "media balancing" with Equal or something like that.. a friend of mine just got new 34s this year and the shipping weight was like 157 lbs!! EACH!!!! those are some big-ass bias plys.. save some $$ and effort and go with equal.....

sidriptide said:
15oz?? have the bead broken and turn the tire 90 degrees on the wheel and try again... you didnt specify but i assume its the 33 or 34" flavor.. look into "media balancing" with Equal or something like that.. a friend of mine just got new 34s this year and the shipping weight was like 157 lbs!! EACH!!!! those are some big-ass bias plys.. save some $$ and effort and go with equal.....

If I remember correctly, TOZOVR (RJ) had a bad experience with LTBs and equal.....

can't find the thread....if there even was one.....

The wheel(s) are bent and/or the tire(s) are badly out of round. Swampers are notorious for out of round condition. You can balance them until your wallet turns blue, but it won't help if they look like Fred Flintstone hacked em out of a rock. I watched a set of 36 TSL's get trued once...after they were done...the swept up rubber bits weighed over 6 pounds...from a set of 4 tires.

I'm not knockin' Interco...those big hulkin' tires are made for chewing thru mud, not cruisin' the street. If I ever wear out my STT Coopers..I'm getting a set of Boggers.

I'm on my 3rd set. I have had 31's, 33's and 36's. My 36's currently have 26 ounces of weight but they are nice and smooth. And if your alignment is even slightly off those heavy tires will amplify it. My 33's wore a little bit funny and I had to replace them with some 33 At's. Try fixing the bent tie rod and see what happens since your alignment must be off.

one of my 33 SSR's has like 15oz and another one only has like 2oz. but it rides smooth doing 75 on the turnpike. I would fix your alignment then look into getting a shop to rebalance the tires make sure they can do mud tires talk to people check around ect. As for the TSL on the side lugs yes all the LTB's have it I am not sure why exactly.
DIG IT!

Back