• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E Brake Cables

red91

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me if the MJ cables and the XJ cables are compatable?
Doing a d-44 swap and would, for obvious reasons, rather do it when I have the axle assm out and in front of my face instead of doing it on my back.

The E-brake cables you have in the vehicle now should work on the 44.i did a 44 out ,35 in,8.25 out 44 in swap on 2 XJs and all of the cables worked the same.Because of age,I did use new cables,they were only about $15 each.
Along about 97-98 the meeting point of the cables was changed from the center to the frame rail.This may not apply to your situation .
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
The E-brake cables you have in the vehicle now should work on the 44.i did a 44 out ,35 in,8.25 out 44 in swap on 2 XJs and all of the cables worked the same.Because of age,I did use new cables,they were only about $15 each.
Along about 97-98 the meeting point of the cables was changed from the center to the frame rail.This may not apply to your situation .
Wayne

sweet. Thanks for the only replay wayne.

scott

Back