• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

critique my skids

2XS

NAXJA Forum User
let me know what u think, I have been using them, and abusing them all summer so far, and they have been great, now i just have to get off my lazy ass, and countersink for the flush bolts
100_0495.JPG

100_0496.JPG

100_0493.JPG

They look alright, but it'd be nice to see the opposite side, because i'm sure that a purley flat peice of steel ain't gonna do much.

Oh, and did you build the crossmember or is it bought? Just curious...

Starboard M said:
I would counter sink the bolt holes, so they don't get ripped off or messed up.

Might want to add some drain holes, too.

Last edited:
the cross member I built, because I wanted to maximize my clearance. it is trussed on top out of sight, the front tranny skid has 1x1 square tubing around it, so it doesnt move. and the the back one has 2" flat bar around the outside edges and with the bulge in the center it is extremely strong. It does have an access hole in the back skid, at the lowest point , so it drains fairly well(it is hard to see in the picture)and that allows u to drain the transfer case.
for wheeling I dont do mud unless I have to, I would rather crawl rocks, and I regularly drag the skids over them with no concerns. my biggest problem is that the cat is now low enough that it drags also

and I just havent gotten around to countersinking them yet, but that is on the 2 do list

Looks good ... you've put some thought into what you wanted here. It's good to see someone who want's input on something they've built with pics after they have used (abused) them. I like the clearance!

Les

Back