• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skyjacker Coil help!!

XJ667

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running 6" skyjacker coils for an XJ? I got 8" coils and I need to cut them down to 6". I need to know how many loops in a 6" coil. Or I will trade ya 8" for 6".

Thanks for the help
Mark

im not so sure there is a right way to do that.
do a search for "goatman cut spring"
or something along those lines.
He had a really good post that included alot of tech feedback form national spring.
it also talked about hacking up good springs

Personally, I would post in the wanted section and the for sale section to see if someone has 6" springs that will trade you. It would be a lot simpler and safer.

old_man said:
Personally, I would post in the wanted section and the for sale section to see if someone has 6" springs that will trade you. It would be a lot simpler and safer.

Whats unsafe about cutting two or three wraps of a spring with a cutoff wheel. Not like I am using a torch. No where near the heat to weaken the metal.

XJ667 said:
Whats unsafe about cutting two or three wraps of a spring with a cutoff wheel. Not like I am using a torch. No where near the heat to weaken the metal.

i think richard found some formula... when you cut the springs it makes the load way stiffer. don't do it, just buy the 6" coils

Well the 7.5 RE will still give me to much height I think. I only need 6 inches of lift in the front to match the rear after axle swap. I dont know how much the RE with sag with a custom front bumper and rep8000 winch.

Back