• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rebuilding t-case (231)

h.curtis

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a kit from National Drivetrain. The kit was okay, but DID NOT include any seals. This turned out to be a pain in the butt. I got some from NAPA and some from Mopar. I rebuilt the case with the parts and it was a bit of a pain. In hind site I suggest you call Mopar and get a reman for 600. Next time I will go elsewhere. It took too long to do this job and by the time you clean everything and get it all set up you have a pile of hours in it. The job in general isn't that hard, it is just very time consuming if you get everything clean enough. I was in a shop doing this and had all the nice tools of a top notch mechanic. I can't imagine doing this at home in you driveway. I have a 5.5" lift which makes install more difficult as well. My oiler was no good and had to get a used one. The oiler tube was pretty much gone from the chain hitting it, so I had to find another one of those as well. Why didn't I just get a rebuilt one???

It is done and working fine, but for the people that say this is a little job and is nothing to do, I would have to disagree. It took me several hours and had I known the whole story, I would have spent the 600.

Take care,
Curt

the FULL kit should have included seals!

mine always do!

BTW, I find the tcase rebuild to be easy. I can do one from open to close in an easy two hours.

what was it about yours?

I would have gladly rebuilt your for 500

Back