• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Okie Terry: Does this mod actually work?

JohnJohn

Member #42
Terry,

is.php

Does this mod actually work to keep the engine cool? I am thinking about doing some vents, but this would be cleaner and easier. I'm all about easier these days.

Anyone else using this mod?

Thanks,

I think it works. My engine never overheats, but I have a newish radiator and use Water Wetter, and my fan hardly ever gets the chance to turn on.

It's a quick mod (used the factory bolts even), just use some nuts and fold down the lip. Oh yeah, be sure and silicone the crack after you fold down the lip.

i did it on mine, and it is noticeably cooler, especially when i pop the hood to look.

I did pretty much the same thing i made my spacers out of 1/2 by 3/4 stock. The car would over heat less after i added the spacers i didn't remove the weather stripping at the rear of the hood though. Now that i have fluched the collent for the third time in 6 months and i have replaced the radiater there are no problems at all.

PFunk242 said:
...Now that i have fluched the collent for the third time in 6 months and i have replaced the radiater there are no problems at all.

someone translate please :D

-red

Okie Terry said:
It's a quick mod (used the factory bolts even), just use some nuts and fold down the lip. Oh yeah, be sure and silicone the crack after you fold down the lip.

What lip did you fold down and where is the crack that you silicone? I have some Turbo Z vents but may try this first.

-Mike

Big Jeep 101 said:
What lip did you fold down and where is the crack that you silicone? I have some Turbo Z vents but may try this first.

-Mike
If you look at the photo, there is a lip where there used to be weather stripping (just above the emissions data plate) and it runs the entire length of the cowl.

Just pull off the stripping and beat the lip down. But when it's folded over, there will be a noticable gap. Silicone this.

Back