• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a D44 now.

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
Bought one local but it turned out not to be usedable. I have gears and locker sitting so all i need is a stocker. Please end my 3.55's and 35s misery.

I have one sitting on my garage floor. It does not have drums (was going to do a disc swap), and I found that one of the hard brake lines has a pinched portion near the left side (also not a big deal if doing a disc swap cause you need new lines anyway).

If you want it, I paid $250 for it, you can have it for the same. I'll be in Longview labor day weekend, if you are interested, I can bring it with.

Steve

Hmmmmm. The guy that I bought the unusable one from said he would give me my cash back, very very cool I might add. Let me talk to him about keeping the drums since i already had them turned and find out how much for new hardlines. Do you have any leads on a disk setup by chance. Not sure how much that runs. I will def. be in touch.

Might want to contact CherokeeKid (Mike) on here. He had (at one time) extra drums I was going to get from him. I changed my mind on the axle and never got them from him. Also, he has done disc swaps on D44s before, ask him about that too. I want to say it was an explorer type setup.

Steve

Sweet thankx. I talked to my buddy that owns a new land cruiser shop in PDX. He said he would bend me up new hard lines so all i have to check on is the drums. Ill let you know.

Depending on how much you'll give for them, you can have my D44 drums. I have the axle sitting in pieces and am gonna do a disc swap, but I'll warn ya, they'll need some work and the drums are a little rusty.

Supposedly it has a spun carrier bearing. I havent actually seen it with my own eyes yet and the guy that has my rebuild kit, gears and ARB has been avoiding me for a week now so i preeeeeety pissed. No the hookup was awesome he is being way cool about it, gonna refund me.

wannabe said:
Hmmmmm. The guy that I bought the unusable one from said he would give me my cash back, very very cool I might add. Let me talk to him about keeping the drums since i already had them turned and find out how much for new hardlines. Do you have any leads on a disk setup by chance. Not sure how much that runs. I will def. be in touch.

I just paid $7 to replumb my D44, this was the short and the long hard lines with fittings.

Back