• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What springs?

bbaker80

NAXJA Forum User
Here's my plan. I'd like to run 34x10.50 LTB's. I have Bushwackers, and the inner fenders are pretty well clearanced. I'm looking for the smallest lift possible witout extending my bumpstops more than they are now (3 hockey pucks per side up front, and the bigger of the 2 factory rear bumpstops, which I think are 114mm). I have a pretty heavy rear bumper/tire carrier, and the cargo area is usually filled with around 200lbs of tools, parts and stereo gear. All told the stuff in and on the rear is probably around 375-400lbs. The front bumper itself is pretty light, but I'd like to install a winch soon and have it sit level or a little lower than the rear.

So here's what I'm thinking. In the rear I'd like to go with BIGoffroad leaf packs along with my current 1.5" shackle. Up front I've heard good things about Rubicon Express, although I can't complain about the 3" coils I bought from Rusty a few years back. Am I right in thinking that I'll need about 5-6" to clear 34's? If I'm correct on that the 4" BOR leaf packs and the shackle should be fine, and IRRC, the RE 4.5" XJ coils are good for around 6" of lift on an XJ.

Any thoughts/ideas are welcome
Bryan

What BOR are you going to get?? I have the 6" with 2" shackle and it netted me around 9.75". I have a C4x4 rear with tire carrier. It has only been on for 3 weeks so it hasn't settled. 4.5" RE XJ will not give you 6", however, the ZJ 4.5" or 5.5" XJ (AJ spring) should give you 6".

HTH.

Anyone else? Like I said, I'd like to get the BOR 4" leafs and keep my 1.5" shackle. Would the 5.5" XJ or 4.5" ZJ coils be a better idea? I've also considered adding ACOS to the front to keep things level, which would require slightly shorter springs. Any thoughts?

Roanoke XJ said:
What BOR are you going to get?? I have the 6" with 2" shackle and it netted me around 9.75". I have a C4x4 rear with tire carrier. It has only been on for 3 weeks so it hasn't settled. 4.5" RE XJ will not give you 6", however, the ZJ 4.5" or 5.5" XJ (AJ spring) should give you 6".

HTH.

Josh, give them a few more weeks with wheeling heavy loads. They will settle in at 8" with that shackle.

Thanks,

Back