• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cleaning leather

Turtle Wax makes a spray bottle cleaner/protectant. Haven't tried it on any as tough as what you mention though............

Good Luck !!!!!!!!!

A 10:1 mix of water and Woolite is gentle on the leather without drying it out and it has removed most anything I've ever seen in a car - except red sometimes. The other thing I use is oridinary areasol glass cleaner with ammonia. I've been detailing cars for about ten years and a bottle of Woolite is always on my shelf.

How about Lexol? I use that on my VW, but I must admit that I've never had any heavy staining to remove.

Also, how about saddle soap?

Rob

HighTop said:
A 10:1 mix of water and Woolite is gentle on the leather without drying it out and it has removed most anything I've ever seen in a car - except red sometimes. The other thing I use is oridinary areasol glass cleaner with ammonia. I've been detailing cars for about ten years and a bottle of Woolite is always on my shelf.

Be careful, though, because I've seen this on two occasions take a good portion of the dye out of the leather - effectively, the seats end up several shades lighter than before using the Woolite.

Best thing I've found is glycerine soap. Been using it for years on tack, boots, interiors, etc. and no problems. I'd also recommend Connolly Hide Food as a protectant.

Back