• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Factory Decals?

Gridikal

NAXJA Forum User
Powerwashing mud off of a '97 Cherokee the other day, blew both 4x4 decals off from under back window. Looked at crysler parts website and its not listed. Anywhere to get these things??

Dealer has them. I replaced mine on my 97 with actual chrome emblems from a 01 XJ Limited though. I think they look nicer than the stickers.

Any automotive graphics shop that services auto body shops will have the fonts and sizes for all makes and models of cars.

On my 97 Cherokee I had "XJ" logos on the fenders in the same size and font as the TJ logos (Canada, all TJ wranglers have TJ logos)

dothedew24_7,

Here's your part numbers:

Quartz - 5FJ61HD8AB
Silver - 5FJ61CA1AB

Hope that helps

--Matt

Thanks All!- How about getting the residue the old decals left behind though? -or is it safe to just put the new ones on over the residue...tried bug and tar remover, didnt work.

dothedew24_7 said:
Thanks All!- How about getting the residue the old decals left behind though? -or is it safe to just put the new ones on over the residue...tried bug and tar remover, didnt work.

laquer thinner, but you need to wash it off ASAP, and then add a little wax.

Your lucky. If i take mine off the paint will show where they used too be.
I wanted to loose mine.

dothedew24_7 said:
Adhesive remover. Any auto body supply shop will stock it and it's safe to use on paint.

Never mind about the residue, shop told me the decal took off paint or somthing like that- looked like the back of decal though-reason for ealier post-. Jeeps green and there is a pefect replica of 4x4 in dark grey where the decal used to be. I really like the thought of using the chrome set from a limited xj, but will it cover up the grey the old decals left behind or are we talkin new paint here?

Last edited:
Back