• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6" lift, do I need DPA?

MSHarnett

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I'm adding 6" coils in a week, and right now I'm getting a bit of bumpsteer at 5.5. If you guys use DPA, have you just bought aftermarket XJ ones, like from Skyjacker or something? I've heard ZJ pitmans are a bit longer, will this work wit a 6" lift on my XJ? Thanks

If you are not using an adjustable track bar than you will need a drop pitman arm. It is probably a good idea even with the adj track bar. I have one for your XJ for $45. I also have the adjustable track bar for $99. 1-800-222-7023 ext 114

I would highly recomend one. Without it, you steering angles will be crazy. Yes, ZJ pitman arms are longer, but not that much. I have a Skyjacker one on my Jeep and am happy with it. Like xseries, I would also get a adjustable track bar.

I have a Rubicon Express adjustable, but it the regualr one with the hiem joint. Someone on another board recommend if I do drop the pitman, I'll need to lower the trac bar??? If I get the SJ drop, do I need to get the HD trac bar with drop bracket and johnny joint?

Back