• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

34" Trxus Mud Radial's

Ladeback XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a new Rusty's 6.5" lift on my 92 XJ and am thinking of going with the 34x12.50x15 Trxus mud radials on a 15x8 rim. I was wondering if anyone else has run these or are running these and what do you think of them? I thought about the SSR's but I want to be able to drive it in the winter when it snows and the Trxus is better for that.

I dont know o much about the trxus mud tire other than everyone I know who has them says they like them. I can tell you though that the Swamper ssr is accually a great tire in snow I had them on my 87xj (33x12.50s) I ran them year round and they were accually quieter on pavement than the truxus sts's on my 93 explorer.

I run 35x12.50x15 with 15x8's and I love the tire.. . great on road, and off road they handle great on rocks, and in mud. the sidewalls are very tough for a mud terrain, and the siping is good too. for the price and the quality, it cant be beat

ucilxj said:
the sidewalls are very tough for a mud terrain

Whoa...I wouldn't go that far. I love the tires in all respects EXCEPT the sidewall strength. I've gone through 3 35x12.5's in 3 trips (twice to Paragon, once to Rausch Creek). Two of them have taken sticks/stumps through the sidewall and the third developed a grapefruit-sized bubble in the sidewall on the mere sight of Voodoo. If I remember I'll snap some pics this evening of the growing pile of useless rubber in my garage. Now with that said I'll concede that I wheel my MJ _hard_ (ie. mostly upper blue and black trails) but at the same time have never had these type of problems with "regular" swampers. If you're looking for a great all around tire that'll handle most moderate stuff offroad with ease then I think the trxus is a good...however I have my doubts about it as a serious offroad tire.

--Ian

My comment on sidwall strength was in regards to a mud terrain tire. I mean if you are going to wheel it hard, then definately go with something meant for more tough usage. but for the weekend trips and a daily driver, it is a good tire. the ssr would be a step up from the m/t.

I've had my 31 x10.5s for a couple of weeks now and they have been great both on and offroad. They feel solid in the rain, mud, rocks...but haven't taken them through snow...YET!

my 2 cents,
Dave

I absolutely love my 33s!! But ya gotta ask yourself if that 1/2" more clearance is worth the $40 difference between the 33s and 34s.
Jeep on!
--Pete
64252678.jpg

47258385.jpg

43518387.jpg

Pete M said:
I absolutely love my 33s!! But ya gotta ask yourself if that 1/2" more clearance is worth the $40 difference between the 33s and 34s.
Jeep on!
--Pete
64252678.jpg
so how do those things clean out

There are narrow voids on the inside that will fill up, but the outside lugs spin clean with tire speed. Seeing as my bud Joe could go just about anywhere he wanted on a set of bald 35" boggers (the only tread left is the paddles on the sides), I didn't much care that the center clogs up (I expected as much just by looking at them). The staggered lugs clean out fine. I was far more hampered by a tired old 4.0 and the fact that I had among the smallest tires there. There's nothing like following 38" mudders to humble all your best efforts at building a great rig around 33s. Overall I was very pleased with the mud performance considering how quiet these things are on the street. If mud is all you do, then get something more aggressive like the TSL or LTB. But if you have to drive your Jeep on the pavement a lot, then I whole heartedly recommend the trXus MT.
Jeep on!
--Pete
64314989.jpg

64252692.jpg

64252669.jpg

64252661.jpg

I've heard 35-45K. Not exactly the 90K that Michelin is promising out of my parents minivan's tires, but I think it's pretty good for a mud-terrain. I'm sure I'll be upgrading in tires size waaay before my truck hits that so it wasn't a big factor in my choice (I bought used ones anyway). Just be sure to rotate them with your oil changes so they wear evenly. While the design kicks major a$$, the quality on some has been less than perfect. And some tires may take a bit of weight to balance. A couple of my tires are loaded up with lead, another has only one tiny piece o' the silver. They (the 31s and 33s) are a fairly cheap tire so some drawbacks are probably inevitable. Even so, I love mine and plan on getting a larger set when my truck can handle them. :D
Jeep on!
--Pete

Just one more gratuitous shot of my baby :D :
47258433.jpg

I have to agree with all of the above. Just got back from Paragon, and while I stuck to just lower to a few upper blue trails, the 33" Trxus M/T's preformed flawlessly at 15psi in the front 13psi in the rear, on a 8" wide rim. Only had a little bit of tire spin and a little chucking from where my passenger front flexed into the fender, never had it flexed up that much, time to break out the sawzall:D. If you are looking for a super agressive mud tire that can handle big rocks and mud, then step up to a TSL, but if you want a tire that can almost anything you want them to, and go where you point them, plus be able to drive 5 hours home in comfort, then get a set of Trxus M/T. I have about 29K on mine right now and looking to get another 15K easily.

I just ordered a set of 31's on black rock crawlers yesterday. Looks like I picked a winner. Can't wait 'till they get here. I was going to get a more aggressive tire for the summer and then run my 235's (brand new Mastercraft Courser C/T's bought just before I decided to lift it) in the winter. Then I decided I'd want 31's all the time from now on so I went with the TRXUS MT's since I thought they'd be good in everything. Snow and ICE traction is super important in Central New York.

Back