• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swapping lift, etc. from a 94 Questions

reson46

NAXJA Forum User
My 94 4.0 XJ has been totalled and I am now in the process of looking for a new XJ. All of my lift, bumper, rock sliders, etc. were not damaged in the accident, so I am going to switch everything I can over to another XJ.

I have been trying to find a 91 - 96 in descent shape with less than 150K miles, but their doesn't seem to be a huge selection in the Austin, TX area. I have been trying to stay away from 97+ because I figured the possibility for incompatible parts was greatest with these. But, there seems to be a bigger selection around here so I have started to think about getting one of these.

I am pretty sure that most of my stuff should fit any 91+ XJ. What I am not sure about are my almost new Borla headers and Rusty's Flowmaster exhaust. I know that at some point they started using two O2 sensors. I have even heard of some 97+ with two catalytic converters on the exhaust manifold and before the down pipe.

So, can anybody offer any help in determining what years I should stay away from because my 94 stuff won't work?

Additional stuff I want to switch over: rear bumper, Rusty's TB spacer, C-Rok, Olympic rock sliders, 3 core radiator, Tomken gas tank skid plate, RE drop brackets, transfer case.

Also, if anybody knows of a good deal on an XJ, I am now in the market again. Once my truck is fixed and I get a new trailer - both were also in the accident - I won't be so limited to the Austin area either.

Thanks for the help,
William Crawley

Last edited:
Back