• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heat questions

1989laredoxj

NAXJA Forum User
I know its early to have to worry about heat yet but It was one cold winter in new england last year and Im not driving with out heat again. The heat works when its hot out and the ac works when its cold out. But the heat is just as cold as the air outside in the winter. I have left my car sitting for 1 hour then I went out turned on the heat and still cold So i left the heat on for an hour. Went back out still cold. By that time I gave up and bought a new jacket. I would like to be able to move my arms this winter, and dont want to have to take off all 6 layers as I get into school. Its a little embarassing. HELP PLEASE?!?!

Could be caused by a thermostat stuck open or a plugged heater core. You can disconnect a few hoses and back flush the heater core with your garden hose.

1989laredoxj said:
Its not the thermostat cause that was replaced in the winter. But now that I think of it I had heat before that happened. How would I adjust the thermostat???
You don't -- you replace it. Use only a genuine Jeep t-stat.

Check the heater valve, it is vacum operated so you may have a vacum leak or it may be stuck. It is on the end of the small hose that comes out of the thermostat housing.

Back