• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this a complete kit?

xtremepyro12

NAXJA Forum User
4-1/2" Lift with Rear Leaf Springs - RCY633H
Applications:
1984-2000 XJ Cherokee

Includes:
Front Coil Springs
Rear Leaf Springs
Rear U-Bolt Kit
Lower Control Armst
Transfer Case Lowering Kit
Sway Bar Drop Brackets
Brake Line Brackets
Track Arm Bracket
4 Hydro Shock Absorbers w/Black Boots

NOTE: Vehicles with 8-1/4" axle will require 3" U-bolt Kit.
1996-2001 Vehicles may require rear driveshaft lengthening to eliminate vibrations.

$550.00

I know ill need the sye and driveshaft. Plus I heard RC shocks suck so im going to get some DT3 shocks. Will i need anything else?

i would like to see sway bar disconnects, NEW extended brake lines, and some front bump stops added to the list myself.. your brake lines are probably pretty old already and its a safe bet they are rusted/corroded i like the stainless braided lines but STOCK YJ brake lines are a comparable length and a bit cheaper... swaybar disco's will help you flex alot more but the new brake lines would be needed for that.. and the front bump stops would keep you things from going too far up... is this a rough country kit? i have no experience with them but my feeling is "you get what you pay for" .. if a cheap lift is what you need/want remember it may have some "shortcomings" compared to a more expensive/complete kit... shop around and do a search in this forum, there have been plenty of discussions on this topic lately... cheap is good and serves a purpose, but dont let it be your only deciding factor....

I don't see UCA's. Even though stock length might be the right fit, I have seen a few interestingly folded ones, so either carry spares (along with spare yoke for the d30) or reinforce them to prevent folding or get some aftermarket ones.

no such thing as a "complete kit". It is as complete as you would expect, posts before state the extras you will want (brake lines, discos, sye).

I have no experience with rough country but I have heard that they are exactly that "ROUGH". again, you get what you pay for, depending on the use it might be perfect for you.

There is tons of info in these forums on lift kits, what best etc. The stock upper arms will probably do you fine, they are a little week but they can make due for quite some time depending on what type of off road abuse it see's.

Michael

Yea i heard the same about ROUGH country but balancing out price and what comes in the kit this one caught my eye. I am going to get tom woods driveshaft and sye plus either dt3 or ome shocks dependin on whats left in my budget.

Back