• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Window conversion

Gridikal

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '97 Cherokee that came with manual door locks and windows. Went from a universal power window kit (CRAP) to getting all oem power windows off ebay and runnin them off harness that came with kit. Works- but I want stock- I have new door panels and switches for oem integration but I'm lacking the wiring- Whats the best method here?- Also I installed power locks that are not oem.

I have a 97 4 door XJ i'm looking at doing the same with. I know i need the door panels with power switches and power window regulators..but what else do i need? I found someone that's willing to entertain the idea of shipping the parts out to me, i just need to know what additional parts i need to request so i don't wind up with a bunch of extra stuff in the garage. What price do you think is fair for these parts? Thanks.

John

I converted my wifes 97 from non-power windows and locks to power everything with keyless entry and overhead console. I went to a local pick & pull and got everything I needed for a screaming deal of $80 (minus the OH console).
In addition to the panels for all 4 doors and everything in the doors (regs, wiring and lock actuators, linkage) you'll need the main cabin wiring harness from a donor XJ. Use this new harness to replace your current one that has only the basics (rear lights, fuel pump etc).

Cool..thanks. If there was a decent pick and pull in this area i'd go that route. I'll see if i can put it together from the internet (i've found all the parts for the back doors).

Not that you couldn't build your own cabin wiring harness, but if can get a used one it's all plug and play right into the underdash main harness.
Don't forget to get the rear hatch lock actuator as it will work with the power door locks/keyless entry.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. My Dad's 97 has no power anything and My 97 has power everything. We're selling one of them. He has the lift, skid plates, sye, driveshaft, Mike Leach Long tube header, flowmaster, bushwackers, new tires, shocks, radiator, 185d thermostat. It's also been taken care of forever since it's the car I took my drivers test in 12 years ago. Mine just has the nice power options. I'm thinking of swapping it out. It shouldn't be too hard, I installed alarm systems and stereo equipment for 6 years. You're thinking all I'll need is a new main harness - since I have everything else in my jeep for the swap.

Do you mean to go this way ?. Take a search on the web / forum's for "Power window Jeep". You will find some webshop hits, but mainly trouble treads from different Jeep forums.

Why change out something that works?. Just a stupid question:gee:

Back