• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel system problems???

Gridikal

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I was driving some back roads- rather fast, downshifting going into turns (fun to do). My check engine light came on as I slowed up to a stop sign and suddenly the rpm's dropped to around 300 or so (while sitting). I went to accelerate and it felt like the torque converter wouldnt release- as others have said "limp home mode". I managed to make it back to my house going 15 mph tops. Next day it was fine. Week later it did it again going don interdstate. When on the gas it wouldnt respond and when off gas it sounded like it was starving for fuel. Brought it back to repair shop and put a scanner on it- #1 O2 sensor high voltage reading. OK- replaced BOTH sensors for the heck of it and replaced whole exhaust (except header). Has run fine* for past week and engine light went off. * Engine still hesitates when giving it a lot or a little gas. Prior to incident the '97 XJ has run perfectly- with 100k miles on it. Looks and ran prior to incident like it had a brand-new engine. - Things I did up to 2 weeks prior to "incedent" - Changed all electrical wires under hood to 4 Ga. - Replaced Rotor and button - gave ingine a good cleaning with GUNK Any help out there??

After some thought After replacing sensors, It feels like It's running lean- maybey why its ideling low and hesitates? is there a quick fix for this or does this require a new sensor?

Back