• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeler Lake on the 28th

The_Rock

NAXJA Forum User
Planning on running wheeler lake on the 28th. Leaving out of Colorado Springs. Anyone intrested is welcome to join us. A couple of open dif vehicals coming allong so if it's got a lift and tires your right with the group.

We're going up early to try and hang out for lunch at the lake if the weather is good. Meeting out of Colorado Springs we will be at the McDonalds in Woodland park around 8:30 and hope to be at the old mine building near the trail head by 10:00. We will start up the trail at 10:30

Can you give me more info on the trail, like were it is and how long should it take to wheel it? I am in Colorado Springs and have been wanting to do a trail that is close (that is other than 370C).
Thanks, Atom

Go to 4x4trails.net to get a good idea about the trail. It takes about 2 hours to drive to the trail and about 2 hours to get up to the lake with moderate vehicals. With time for lunch at the lake we should be back in CS between 5 and 7. Big window because you just never know about these things.

We had some trouble leaving Colorado Springs which put us about a hour behind schedule. Sorry if we missed anyone. The weather at Wheeler Lake was purfect. We stayed up at the lake most of the day a caught a few fish.

Back