• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 HP or Not??

Los11

NAXJA Forum User
Had a question for you guys, I was gonna order gears today for my 2000XJ and the guy told me I had a reverse cut 30 so I am wondering does that mean I have a HP 30 in front or no... I looked on my diff for ID info it said REV on the diff cover also does anybody know a website that I can find out what 30 is under my 2000XJ.

it should be an lp

Ramsey said:
it should be an lp

:wierd:

Nice advice.

Get under the XJ and look at the diff, if the pinion/dshaft is going into the top, its HP aka Reverse Cut. If it is going in on the bottom, its LP aka Standard Cut.

If you need some more ideas, use the search and look up every axle that has HP or LP identified. Once you see the difference, you'll wonder how you didnt know in the 1st place. :D

Well thats what I am saying, its a 2000XJ it says REV-s on the diff cover, I am not just asking cause I am lazy and didnt do a search I did one but I cant find a site to find out what I have. If anybody can help I would appreciate it thanks

It's a "LP D30",the "rev" doesnt mean the gear cut!They went to the LP in 2000!LIke Hjeepxj said "go Look" for your self!They also use a special TJ R-P(short pinion),not the early LP sets!

Ok thanks guys I figured it was a LP but with the guy from Drivetrain direct telling me it was reverse cut and then I saw REV on the diff, Hey I thought i had a nice surprise you know sorry if it was a "stupid question"...

Look for the BOM # (bill of materials ) on the axle tube.My info shows it could be std or rev rotation in a 2000.
Wayne

I looked on the tube but couldnt find the BOM on it..

Just look at the housing! Unless someone swapped in a HP d30 it is low pinion.

RCP Phx said:
It's a "LP D30",the "rev" doesnt mean the gear cut!They went to the LP in 2000!LIke Hjeepxj said "go Look" for your self!They also use a special TJ R-P(short pinion),not the early LP sets!

Quite Right. National Drive train sold me an XJ D-30 set a year or so ago. It took several calls to figure out the D-30 in the 01 was normal cut but they still sold me a long pinion set.
PITA: Jeep in the shop, I paid for two days storage before the correct parts showed up.

That all added up to buying the tools and doing it myself.

Back