• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me out fellas!!!!!

93Jeepin

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i did search:)

Well my ? is...I have a 93 xj and it originally came with 4.0ho engine. well shit hit the fan wiht that engine and i wanna just buy a new one.Someone told me on another board if the jeep originally came wiht the Ho engine then thats what has to be put back in there. So a renix 4.0 (whatever its called:) ) engine wont work in my jeep will it? or was he just blowing smoke up my ass.

Eric

93Jeepin said:
Ok i did search:)

Well my ? is...I have a 93 xj and it originally came with 4.0ho engine. well shit hit the fan wiht that engine and i wanna just buy a new one.Someone told me on another board if the jeep originally came wiht the Ho engine then thats what has to be put back in there. So a renix 4.0 (whatever its called:) ) engine wont work in my jeep will it? or was he just blowing smoke up my ass.

Eric
Well he was blowing smoke up there, but it was with a swizzle straw.

You can use a Renix era short block, but you'd have to reuse your intake, throttle body, and everything electronic.

The older head will work, but if your HO head is still okay, you'll want to use it on the new block too, as you will get a little more performance out of it instead of the Renix version.

93Jeepin said:
well for the time being...can i use a renix engine out of a 90 xj for the time being...i can gte it for free:)
The Renix electronics will NOT work with a HO computer. You can, however, swap the manifold, electronics, and sensors onto the '90 block and head. That's as close to a direct swap as you're going to get with that engine.

alright i understand now! thanks fellas

well looks like i will be getting a zj long block with 50,xxx miles on it so i can get her back on the road.

Back