• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best addons for making my OME lift a lil higher

540ismiley

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2.5 inch lift. I was wondering about adding a add a leaf and some blocks up front. Will I have to change anything else if I go 1.5 inches higher? what is the best way to do this? I just want to add on to the lift not redo it. Well not right now anyway.
thanks

I did just what you're wanting to do and had to change the brake lines and shocks. I did it with shackles and spring spacers.

Robert

540ismiley said:
can i use OME shocks?

At 3" (934's and JC1A's w/RE shackles) the regular OME shocks were too short for mine, I had to use the Long travel versions.
Mike B.

BlueGerbil said:
I´ve got another OME spring pack minus the top level spring, which I´ve added to the spring pack. This gave me about 40mm of lift. With the 1.75" shakles from Rusty I got about 5" at the rear.

What two spring packs did you combine?

I have been an OME guy for 4 years now.
I can tell you that once you start going over 3", even with lcas, the ride suffers noticeably.
I am at about 5" now, and switching to RE springs made the ride much better.
OME is great, for commuting and light trail duty.
Once you get into clearance, rocks, tires over 31", etc, you need to move on.
HTH>

not sure what height i am at right now but i have the medium duty ome springs with spacers and shackels and i can put 33x13.5 ltb swampers under it i have bumpstops in the rear and a bunch of trimming all around but all and all it works good i wish i was a little highter in the rear. i am running about 3.75 bs and my tires dont stuff into the wheel well too well if you were to run 4"bs the you fit a little better but all this is going to change seeing as i have the full traction 6" long arm kit sitting in my basement waiting to be put in!!!

going from 2.5 to 4 will reate a need for a new track bar, new lca's

check out
www.rocky-road.com
they sell exactly what ur talking about, an OME lift with a BB attached, good price too tho.

this is a way old post, but I found it using the search option for opinions on OME stuff. Glad to hear some feedback from people who have added trim to the kit. I am curious why adding LCA's to the kit after breaking 3" doesn't improve ride quality. is it simply that the springs aren't designed to control heavy wheel/tire combos?

also, Rocky Road offers their trailblazer kits and they seems to be a good deal. you get OME springs, Doetsch Tech dampers and the 2" Rocky Road budget boost for a total of 4-5" of lift. The price is right, but there are no LCAs included. They don't try and justify this, they just say to stay tuned for an upcoming lift. This has been on their site for a long time, so who knows if they are going to come out with a more comprehensive lift? 5" with stock LCA mounts would cause a lot of angle at suspension rest in the LCAs. At stock height, those angles are at about the bottom of travel. Can the LCAs even travel any lower without grinding them down?

The other thing is that if you want to get the parts in a timely manner RRO is probalby not the route to go. They have a "reputation" from the Suzuki side of things.

r@m

I just talked to the guys at Rocky-road.com They say that there is no need for the LCAs. I am confused now. Can someone help?

540ismiley said:
I just talked to the guys at Rocky-road.com They say that there is no need for the LCAs. I am confused now. Can someone help?

Well about 50% will get away with 4" on stock LCA's, and the other 50% will get death wobble. From my experience and what I've heard the RRO guys are the type that will tell you to put a dual stabilizer on so you can cover up the problem instead of doing it right the 1st time.
If you don't mind the axle off center and it wobbleing around like an 8n tractor going dowm the road then I guess they are right.
Mine drives and handles better now than it did stock,
http://members.myactv.net/~mikesmowing/86xj/mods2.htm
Mike B.

I have an OME set up and added RRO's Shackles and ORG's ACOS and it sits nice and level. Originally when I did the OME lift with the addons I used RE's LCA's and had some decent deathwobble. I put RE's UCA's on and no more death wobble. :peace:

Back