• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE trackbar?

Jeepster4wd

NAXJA Forum User
iv just put on some RE 3" ZJ coils on my XJ they r supost to give about 5" lift or so... im trying to run the 1600 RE trackbar. It seem the hiem is practicily out when i go to try and bolt it up? how much needs to be in the thread bung to be safe... will a a longer hiem joint fix this problem....? thanks.

How exactly are you trying to line up the hole in the heim and the frame end mount ? If... you are trying to thread out the heim until it lines up with the frame mount hole without centering the differential first....then this is your problem....
What you need to do is have someone sit in the drivers seat turn the steering wheel left or right with the tires on the ground to center the body and the tires... then thread the heim in or out until the holes line up.
You might have to make a few small adjustments, but this should resolve your problem.

Charles

yea that was how I was doing it didnt know i needed someone movin steering wheel. another thing i just thought of does it matter if the wheels arnt strait?

Jeepster4wd said:
does it matter if the wheels arnt strait?

it certainly does.. to get the wheels straight roll the vehicle slowly back and forthand make small adjustments in the wheel until they are straight.. this should get the axle mostly centered as well.. then try turning the wheel back and forth to get it centered better.. bear in mind that the RE adj. trackbar is, by RE's standards for up to 4.5 to 5".. so it sounds about right that you are nearing the end of its adjustablility... if you still need a lil "pull" to get the bar lined up.. try a floorjack under the drivers side axle knuckle.. it will lift that side drawing the opposite side toward the jack.. that may get you the extra 1/2" if you still cant get it... but by doing that your axle may not be centered anymore....

Back