• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Options for BS on 31X10.5

85Chief

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search, and didn't come up with what I needed. I want to see some pictures of different backspacing so I know what I want/need. I kinda like the looks of a tire that sticks out just a tad bit from the wheel wells, but I dont really know at this point. If you could post some pictures, that would be helpful. Also can you specify what size rim it is.

Thanks
85Chief

4" will out it out but not be too much of a problem for fender clearance. no pics but maybe somewill will help. what color jeep how many miles and what brand of tires?

LOL i meant how do you want to jeep to look in the pictures you want us to post. i was just joking anyhow, i'll try and find a pic of mine with 4'' bs

Wow...i didnt catch that. lol. Its been a long day. Well one takin from the front would be good, but any picture will be fine. Any color is fine, and Tires dont really matter as long as its 31X1050...but I guess you see know what I have, so whatever. lol

Thanks again.

31x10.5 Kumho Ventures on 15x8 3.75" BS The outer most part of the tire is about 1" from the flare

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

They stuff pretty well, but rub the bottom of the flare, lip, and washer bottle. A simple fix.
04.JPG

Im in the same dilema as 85Chief ....

getting ready to put on 31x1150 on a stock 15x8 TJ wheels called "canyon".
BS (if im not mistaken) is 4.5" possibly even 5" ... I just hope it won't rub.

thank guys for providing pics ... it helps.

feel freeto add more pics ... good for me & 85Chief.

nihil how do you like those kumho's, i thought about them cause i can get them pretty cheap. how are they wear and performance wise.

amazing, on and offroad. Have about 3500 miles on them, and done some serious wheeling. Not a chip or scratch. Had a huge nail stuck 1-2" into a lug on Friday, while driving to a wheeling spot, not a single complaint from the tire. They're great on the road too, I have trouble spinning them in 2wd in the rain, can't wait for snow :cool: They have nice whine on the pavement too. Oh, and I've had them up to 95 MPH, no problems.

Ramsey said:
nihil how do you like those kumho's, i thought about them cause i can get them pretty cheap. how are they wear and performance wise.

Currently I have on the stock 15x7 with 2" backspacers from Trail Sport. I'm running 31x10.5 TrXuS MT with them.

As soon as I get another AT, I'll be running ATs on your so called "Canyon" wheels onaXJ98. The backspacing on those are 5.25 if I'm not mistaken. The Canyons from the Grands have 4.5 backspacing. You'll have to run spacers for the TJ Canyons to fit at all I believe. 3.5 would be a good goal IMHO.

Back