• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Windows Working Intermitently On '93 2 door Sport

Quarterwave

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

Further to the subject, the other day my power windows rolled down ok, but wouldn't come back up when I pressed on the "up" button on the main control pad on the driver's side door. So, I jumped out at a local parking lot, turned off the ingition, jiggled some of the fuses under the drivers side and after starting the car again, they rolled up.

Driving home tonight, the same problem occured - the passenger side window is now down, and won't come back up - FWIW, none of the window controllers are making it work (passenger and drivers' side).

Also, the lights that illuminate the HVAC controls, cigarette lighter, rear washer switch and headlight switch are also out, although the stereo and gauge lights work fine, incl. the dimmer for the gauge lights.

Plus, when I put the key in the ignition, the "warning" lights that come on when the car is about to be started, immediately dim for a second, then when I press on the brake pedal before I turn the key, they go back to their usual full brightness.

FWIW, my a/c fan (mentioned in a prev. post) also is out, and I've replaced a bunch of things to try and get it to work, all to no avail. To me, I sense that the whole lot is some electrical gremlin that I don't know how to hunt down.

Any ideas would be appreciated, as I'm getting frustrated at all of the work that I am having to do to this vehicle.... compared to the Wrangler that I owned in Sydney a few while ago that was virtually trouble free for about 5 years !

Thx in advance,

Quarterwave

look under the carpet on the drivers side for wet corroded wiring going across toward the passenger side around the area of the foot well to the trans tunnel. have seen it in the past.

Thx for posting J. Yep, that was it. The carpet underlay was damp and I just jiggled the cable and the window went up no problem.

FWIW, before I posted this msg, I checked the other posts under this topic and couldn't find one that was specifically like mine, even though it turned out to have the same problem as many others have had with power windows....

Again, thx fr posting.

B Rgds,
Quarterwave

Back