• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Compressor

STL Enterprises

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I'm new to the XJ, and would really like to add some type of on-board air compressor for tires & tools - and my custom built air-powered Margarita Blender!!!

It doesn't look like there's room in the engine compartment - I don't want to give up my A/C - for something the size of a York.

I've seen somewhere where people are using Cadillac air-ride compressors - I'm familiar with Lincoln Mark VIII's, and they have a similar setup - anyone know which one is smaller and pumps the most volume?

Where would someone mount the compressor and a tank? Did I see something about them going in the Right Rear Corner behind the plastic?

Just starting to think - if anyone has any thoughts, I'm listening!

What? There is lots of room. ...And I still have my A/C!

OBA3.jpg

OK, I'll reconsider - do you have any photos with a wider angle? I guess I didn't mention that I'm planning on dual batteries under the hood... Can you give some details - looks like a rotary compressor?

STL Enterprises said:
OK, I'll reconsider - do you have any photos with a wider angle? I guess I didn't mention that I'm planning on dual batteries under the hood... Can you give some details - looks like a rotary compressor?
think under the back seat [only the sealed type though] and yes you'll mostlikly have to mod the floor to make them fit. thats my plan anyway

STL Enterprises said:
OK, I'm new to the XJ, and would really like to add some type of on-board air compressor for tires & tools - and my custom built air-powered Margarita Blender!!!

It doesn't look like there's room in the engine compartment - I don't want to give up my A/C - for something the size of a York.

I've seen somewhere where people are using Cadillac air-ride compressors - I'm familiar with Lincoln Mark VIII's, and they have a similar setup - anyone know which one is smaller and pumps the most volume?

Where would someone mount the compressor and a tank? Did I see something about them going in the Right Rear Corner behind the plastic?

Just starting to think - if anyone has any thoughts, I'm listening!
www.onboardair.com
Kilby sells a bracket that allows you to mount a 2nd AC unit. You just have to use a cone style air cleaner, losing the air box, which gives the room needed to move the battery to the other side.

i did the york setup on my 95 do a search and you should find it works grate

Yorks are do-able.....I have one on mine. Just have to move battary to other side as others said. Tricky part is getting the pulley/belt set up I thought. Works awesome. My tank is in the back. For the tank, I used a 2.5 gallon stainless steel fire extinguisher.

Brett

Back