• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OTK help

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
is anyone running an OTK setup with a D30? did ya have to make any coil mount adjustments? i already have the Bullet proof steering setup but not OTK, so i was just going to buy the JKS mount, weld it up, and move everything over...

brandon
PS, i did a search, i'm not a newbie! lol

I read on bullet proofs site about a guy that did otk steering system with there drag link and tie rod and modified two things:

1. lose the sway bar disconnects. you could move the mount by cutting it off and positioning it so you could still use it.

2. cut off the track bar mount from the axle and take 1.5" off the back of it. then weld back on the axle.

I don't remember what diameter tubing he had but even with bullet proofs thinnest tubing I would imagine you would still have to do something with the track bar mount.

yeah, i'm going to weld in the JKS TB axle mount and then shorten my RE TB... i already have no swaybar links, so i was curious if those with D30 OTK's shaved their coil buckets back a little, and where they mounted the stabilizer bar since you cut off the old mount?

brandon

Just wondering which bulletproof setup you have. The standard setup or the tie rod over knuckle setup. Also which tubing trail, race or rock proof? Oh also does it rub or touch anything other than the sway bar mounts. And what do you think about this setup.
Thanks

BornAgainXJer said:
Just wondering which bulletproof setup you have. The standard setup or the tie rod over knuckle setup. Also which tubing trail, race or rock proof? Oh also does it rub or touch anything other than the sway bar mounts. And what do you think about this setup.
Thanks

i have the standard trail proof with chromolly heims all around... basically with the standard setup it rubs on the TB bolt on the axle mount at full lock, but its not really worth complaining about. i cut the SB mounts off and am welding them up higher after i complete my OTK. overall, i would definitely recommend this setup, its stout and the trail proof tubing is definitely strong enough for me!

brandon

shimmy said:
i have the standard trail proof with chromolly heims all around... basically with the standard setup it rubs on the TB bolt on the axle mount at full lock, but its not really worth complaining about. i cut the SB mounts off and am welding them up higher after i complete my OTK. overall, i would definitely recommend this setup, its stout and the trail proof tubing is definitely strong enough for me!

brandon
How much does this rub on the track bar bolt? Enough that it flex's your tierod?

Back