• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is a rear driveshaft connected to.......

XJ91

NAXJA Forum User
Is a rear driveshaft connected to a NP231 slightly longer than one connected to a NP242?

I hear that the 231 is slightly shorter than the 242, Is that in the rear or front?

Would I be able to use the rear driveshaft in my HEEP? or any other shaft without modifing? (I have a 242) Since lifting with RE6025 and home made TC drop, I still have driveline vibes. I can't afford to get a TW custom shaft and SYE but need something about 1" - 1.25" longer than what I currently have. (slip yoke sticks out about that much)

I have been contemplating removing the TC drop, putting in degree shims.

I'm at a loss.....the vibes at times almost feel like i've got my wife's personal pleasure toys strapped to the steering wheel :wow: . Almost makes me want to park the HEEP and not drive it anymore.

Even if you installed a t-case drop you still have to measure the angles and shim accordingly????????????????

XJ91 said:
I'm at a loss.....the vibes at times almost feel like i've got my wife's personal pleasure toys strapped to the steering wheel :wow: . Almost makes me want to park the HEEP and not drive it anymore.

WOW that might be just a little to much info for this board.

Back