• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Idea- flares.....

Codeman

NAXJA Forum User
I saw this on a jeep in a 4 wheel mag- after taking off the factory flares, and trimming fenders, if you need to cover your too wide wheels, you can cut up 2-4 old tires, and bolt them into the lip, making the over hang as wide as you want it. They won't break, they are cheap, and you can fit them on any shape wheel well. Any thoughts??? Do ya'll understand what Im trying to describe?

Codeman

i don't see why it wouldn't work, but it would probably look like :gag:

Sounds like it'd be ugly with either tread or belts showing, it'd probably be durable though.
Last time I checked there was no where to screw anything to in the wheel-well after most people trimmed their flares off. I used a notch and bend method that left a lip that would allow this to work, but I'm going flareless for now.

If that's all you're looking for out of flares, get some sheet 3/16 or 1/4 black neoprene and make them. We use the stuff all the time at work, and we get it from an industrial bearing and machinery shop in town. So it's gotta be out there. Or how about truck-stop mud flaps? Seriously, the tires would be wicked-heavy and possibly unsightly. But then again, who exactly are you looking to impress?!?!

-Rich

since your going for Fugly, try some plastic lawn edging. i guy in my club runs it on his CJ and it looks OK. it's no show stopper but does the job well and looks ok from the distance (just stand back next time you look at it) :thumbup:

Back