• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Header Question

Ecarlcl

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '90 4.0 5sp, and the original header was junk on it so I went and got a header off of a 91 with the H.O. in it. I had to plug the EGR since the newer header does not have a bung for it. Now my junk yard header is leaking worse than the old one was, I have some financial aide coming my way soon and I would like to know what all you other renix guys out there are using for a header and where to buy it. I want one that has it's own downpipe (goes all the way to the cat) and has a bung for EGR so I can hook it back up. I think it is pinging because the egr is not present. I have heard that the knock sensor adjusts timing accordingly, but I still think its pinging a little in the higher gears. Might be because the manual transmission ECU's have a more aggressive timing curve?

RENIX RULES!!

Thanks
Ecarlcl

Back