• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock ride height - not 17.5" way

KiwiXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me how high the stock ride is from the ground to the bottom of the flares or to the sill mid way on the front doors. I'm looking for a reference point with good shocks etc and std tires not how much body lift there is. I've skimmed through 190 search results but not found this. Thanks.

KiwiXJ said:
Can anyone tell me how high the stock ride is from the ground to the bottom of the flares or to the sill mid way on the front doors. I'm looking for a reference point with good shocks etc and std tires not how much body lift there is. I've skimmed through 190 search results but not found this. Thanks.
Just add half the diameter of the tire to 17.5". The 17.5" is the distance from the center of the hub to the flare. You are simply adding the distance from the center of the hub to the ground. This will vary depending on the size tire you have.

the hub/fender method rules out the imprefections in the ground surface as well as tire inflation and tire wear... like was said before.. just ad another 50% of the tires stacic height to the fender/hub measurement and then back that up with a measurement to the ground... if you are looking for this figure as a reference to some state lift laws it is generally measured to the botom of the door... since fender flares are flexible and can be modified or removed.. the door basically doesnt change...

mike

KiwiXJ said:
I'm looking for a reference point with good shocks etc and std tires not how much body lift there is.

It depends. Do you know if it has a body lift kit installed? :eek:

I believe not as it is a Limited and I think they are 1" lower than the Sport. I think that to the bottom of the door is a good measurement indicator as it gives a true reading against stock. Mine is 18 3/16" to there.

Back