• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Directions Please

cheapxjwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
Would somebody please point me the direction of a couple of different write ups.
1. Custom disco's
2. Dakota spring swap and f150 coil swap
3. Fog light wiring diagram
4. And last but not least anything on homebrewed skid plates.

I understand a lot of these topics may be found by doing a search and believe me I've done all of that. I'm lookin for something in the forum or outside NAXJA is good too.
---- -Thanks for the help!

Ok, you go strait to the first stop sign, take a right at the light, go for .25 miles and then go left untill you feel like stopping :roflmao:

1. Why do you want custom discos? RE makes some for $25 or so, and they work. Sure they are not the coolest thing around, but they work. You can also try the anti-rok. A bit expensive, but that might work for your needs.
2. Are you sure you searched? This has been covered, but I don't know how much. I might be wrong on this.
3. Have no idea about this one. Are you talkng about stock fog lights, or aftermarket lights? That would help.
4. For skid plates you have several options. You can measure where you want the skid to be and make one, or you can find a stock skid and copy it with stronger steel. You could also copy an aftermarket design as well.
Hope that helped.

Thanks starboard. I just finished doing a search on a couple of other Jeep forums and I think I have the jist on how the dakota/f150 lift works now. But I'm gonna order some new heavy duty coils made specially for cherokee's from carquest. It was news to me that such a spring existed but I got a part number and sure enough, One pair for $58. They list a 3.5" to 4" gain in lift too. I'm still gonna do the dakota or s10 repack in the rear though. Also I have decided on just buying a set of discos and taking out the rear swaybar. I'm gonna make some LCA skids and a Tcase skid for now, I'm not sure if I'll need a Tcase drop though. I bought some steel today to start my front and rear bumpers this weekend. Steel prices are really outragous these days huh?

Your welcome. I have not really heard anything about the carquest coils. If I were you I would stick to a more common lift. Say RE or, gasp, SJ. But you could always be the first. Make sure to do a write up when you do though. With the discos, the RE's are good. I took off my rear swaybar, and felt no effects of it. And I have taken several turns faster then I should have with it off. I would do a T-case skid and Gas tank skid first, but that is just me. Although, LCA skids are easy to make. Just make sure they don't hit the arms when flexing. And yes, steel prices are really outragous.

Back