• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Atlas Transfer Case

Kuhlman

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone installed an Atlas Transfer case in their XJ? I kind of blew up my NP231 and am trying to decide whether to build a new NP231 with a TeraLow 4.1 or switch to an Atlas 3.8. Along same line, anyone have a TerraLow with an automatic transmission, wondering how well it works.

I love my Tera-low,but that being said,the Atlas comes with different ratios,is way stronger and isnt that pricey compared to a new NP231 w/Tera-low!Im thinking about one for my next project!Also dont forget about the fact that its a twin-stick,another big benefit!

Kuhlman said:
Has anyone installed an Atlas Transfer case in their XJ? I kind of blew up my NP231 and am trying to decide whether to build a new NP231 with a TeraLow 4.1 or switch to an Atlas 3.8. Along same line, anyone have a TerraLow with an automatic transmission, wondering how well it works.

I think there both good choices, with the Atlas being stronger and really not that much more $$
It is the better way to go
Mine is a 5.0 on a auto, slight floorboard mods no cross member mods at all bolted right in, Make sure you get the 1" spacer. You'll need to lenthen and shorten the shafts as well. ny total investment was a littleover $2400
Shop the T. Case price there are alot of good deals out there
Cruizzin_XJ

I thank you for the info. I will most likely go with the Atlas, maybe a 4.3. Did you get the spacer from Advance Adapters?

Also, seeing as how you have the Rusty's 8" (I have a 6.5") do you have any clunking in the long arms??

Be careful when selecting the ratio(see my profile).Excellent off-road but a little lacking on the highway.If I build another rig with 33's Id go 4.56 with 3.8/1 case!BTW,no clunking here!

Back