• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bumper trouble

1989laredoxj

NAXJA Forum User
So today I pull into the nearest garage and see about getting an inspection sticker hoping for the best the guy tells me about the long wait. I didn't really care. so i wait i pull in pass with flying colors he walks to the back of my car for a "visual inspection" or something like that and says sorry can't give you a sticker. I had a rust hole in the back of my rear bumper. So getting out of the rejection sticker I drive home. Decide to look for prices to expencive for something that isnt really worth it. I need knew brackets and bumper and all the trim and junk. SO what do I do, do i put a bumper sticker over the hole and go to a different garage or do I just get the new stock replacements and pay out an large amount of cash. Or do i build an offroad bumper???

1989laredoxj said:
So today I pull into the nearest garage and see about getting an inspection sticker hoping for the best the guy tells me about the long wait. I didn't really care. so i wait i pull in pass with flying colors he walks to the back of my car for a "visual inspection" or something like that and says sorry can't give you a sticker. I had a rust hole in the back of my rear bumper. So getting out of the rejection sticker I drive home. Decide to look for prices to expencive for something that isnt really worth it. I need knew brackets and bumper and all the trim and junk. SO what do I do, do i put a bumper sticker over the hole and go to a different garage or do I just get the new stock replacements and pay out an large amount of cash. Or do i build an offroad bumper???

Put a couple of stickers in couple locations and thein paint it over. Btw, how big is the hole??

Cut a series of holes slightly larger than the rust hole across the whole thing and call them "speed holes" like those cheezy bumpers for the Wrangler crowd have.

one of the holes is just under fist size. The rest of them are so about the size of a golf ball theirs 3 in total. Im trying duct tape worse comes to worse i have to take it off...which is impossible cause its so rusted. and buying new brackets and geting a really sturdy bumper with some tow hooks or something. I will see if the duct tape passes if not then driving with a expired sticker here i come

1989laredoxj said:
one of the holes is just under fist size. The rest of them are so about the size of a golf ball theirs 3 in total. Im trying duct tape worse comes to worse i have to take it off...which is impossible cause its so rusted. and buying new brackets and geting a really sturdy bumper with some tow hooks or something. I will see if the duct tape passes if not then driving with a expired sticker here i come
Duct tape will stick out too much. Get couple cheap bumpers stickers or any tpe of stickers. Then go to Kragen and buy $1.99 can of rubberized undercoating paint and hit the hole bumper with it. This will make the stickers dissapear and as long as you put thme on nice and tight the bumper will look good and "new".

Back