• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear 44 with 4.56 Richmonds

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
Anyone running this setup? Is it noisy? Mine has a noticable whine to it under power at highway speeds.

--Matt

noise under load would indicate imporper setup. have a talk with the installer.
egon said:
Anyone running this setup? Is it noisy? Mine has a noticable whine to it under power at highway speeds.

--Matt

Is there any merit to different gears being noisier then others?

--Matt

I'll be honest. I am a little biased torwards Yukon. but after having installed most every brand of gear out there, there is only one that I will not warranty against noise. Genuine. the reason I like Yukon is because its not really a specific brand. instead they pick the best gear/mfg for that givin application and they use that MFG's gear. like a lot of the D44-4.56's that I have done have been OEM Dana Spicer gears.

but a whine on accell tells me that the installer didn't do a good job. the margin of error in gears is very small.

egon said:
Is there any merit to different gears being noisier then others?

--Matt

I'm going back to see the installer in the next day or so. I was supposed to get Spicer gears for the rear but fuckin Ryder Racing didn't tell the shop I ordered the gears from until the last minute that they were back ordered. Anyway, Ryder Racing messed up 2 of my orders, thats why I'm a tad annoyed.

Well, the guy who did the gears stands by his shit, so we shall see what's up with them.

--Matt

its good to hear that about the installer. we all know what a reputation can do for business. especially among the forums. I know first hand. (in a good way)
egon said:
I'm going back to see the installer in the next day or so. I was supposed to get Spicer gears for the rear but fuckin Ryder Racing didn't tell the shop I ordered the gears from until the last minute that they were back ordered. Anyway, Ryder Racing messed up 2 of my orders, thats why I'm a tad annoyed.

Well, the guy who did the gears stands by his shit, so we shall see what's up with them.

--Matt

Back