• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering bolt dimensions

Big Red

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know the dimensions of the 3 steering bolts that hold the steering box to the frame rail? My bro's xj has a broken bolt piece in the box and I need to tap it out and get 3 new bolts. Also we were thinking of getting a C-Rok brace, does this come with new bolts? I know this 2nd question is Mod related, sorry.
Troy

Yes they do come with the bolts.

http://www.c-rok.com/sb.html

I highly recommend this mod. I actually used the C-Rok plate as a repair and you DO NOT want to be in that situation. My XJ was down for about a month. Luckily I heard about C-Rok through NAXJA because I was at a loss as to how to repair and reinforce my cracked frame rail. Also I was fortunate no other vehicle was near me when my steering box decided to fall off.

XJade said:
Yes they do come with the bolts.

http://www.c-rok.com/sb.html

I highly recommend this mod. I actually used the C-Rok plate as a repair and you DO NOT want to be in that situation. My XJ was down for about a month. Luckily I heard about C-Rok through NAXJA because I was at a loss as to how to repair and reinforce my cracked frame rail. Also I was fortunate no other vehicle was near me when my steering box decided to fall off.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I will suggest my bro gets the C-Rok plate with a MORE brace. He bought the xj with a bolt broke in the box and now we just have to tap it out and get the box braced up so it doesn't happen again. The guy who he bought it from bent his tie rod and when he tried driving on the street again the death wobble broke the bolt in the box. I'm glad it didn't rip the box off the frame, that would have really sucked. The problem we have is that the bolt that broke was going through a 1/4" plate from his aftermarket Daystar pre-runner bumper. So I don't think we can get the C-Rok brace under this bumper plate where it attaches to the frame. I have the same issue with my xj where the bumper attachment is welded to the frame and I cannot get the brace to sit flush against the frame rail. I think we'll have to just make a 1/4" plate and weld it to the frame to support the back to steering box bolts. :dunno:
Troy

Back