• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33"tires w\ 4.5"lift?

stevo_fisher

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking into getting a 4.5" lift on my 96 xj and wanting to get 33" tires. I would like to know if I would be able to fit the tires on a 4.5" lift or what I would need to do to make them fit without rubbing.

If I have to I could deal with 32" tires but I wold also like to know if there would be any problem with those too and what I would need to do to prevent them from rubbing. I don't want to go any smaller than 32"s.

Thanks for any opinions.

I fit 32x11.5s on my 3" front, about 3.5-4" back (3" springs 2" shackle, sagging from bumper) and it stuffs really well...I trimmed up to the front flare line (in the front) and in the back just took off a tiny bit of metal, I will be cutting the pinch seam and folding it over. You can take a look here to see what I did

Also, if you have an 4.0 w/automatic you might not want to go higher than 32s...it is significantly slower than it was with 30's.

Chris

what backspacing are you gonna run

jpfreak said:
I fit 32x11.5s on my 3" front, about 3.5-4" back (3" springs 2" shackle, sagging from bumper) and it stuffs really well...I trimmed up to the front flare line (in the front) and in the back just took off a tiny bit of metal, I will be cutting the pinch seam and folding it over. You can take a look here to see what I did

Also, if you have an 4.0 w/automatic you might not want to go higher than 32s...it is significantly slower than it was with 30's.

Chris
27's most xj's came with tires around 27" tall, although i could be wrong. which i have been known to be on occasion:looney: . btw jpfreak that blue looks real good on the old body-style.

ive got 33 12.50s on about 4.5 or 5 (3 inch coil and 1.75 spacer front, and 3 inch spring pack and 2 inch shackle rear) and it had to be trimmed on the rear of the front fenders before i could ever even drive it, level if u turned the tire wanted to rip the fender off. so i unbolted the back half of the front flare, and took about 2 inches of metal out and then drilled new holes and rebolted my flare on, and now ive trimmed the front part level with the headlights. still rubb a little when i flex but not bad.

kolby

Back