• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick front shaft question

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
sorry for asking but still cant find after searching. will a front shaft from a 93 aw4 4.0 work on my rear with sye and adapter. just not sure what years were the cv shaft upfront. TIA

Yes, it will, but this is conditional. I believe you need to have a non-hack-n-tap SYE instawlled for it to work, otherwise you will have the wrong joints on the end. Old_Man (I think) is running one and has been for a while.

Get into the Modified forum and search for something like "SYE front driveshaft". There are a few threads there like this:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31643&highlight=sye+front

-Rich

whats this about wrong joints? to my knowledge all you need is the hack and tap and the spicer adapter flange and it should all bolt up.

Man, I dunno. Search around, but I think I remember someone saying that. I don't have one. Haven't done one. Can't think of who said what in what order, but I know there's an answer here somewhere. If it looks like it will work, and the length is OK, then see if it works or contact Old_Man and ask what the deal is.

-Rich

i was jus wondering if there was a change in years, and your comment threw me off, but nuff said, this is done.

Ramsey,

Yes all you need is the Spicer adapter for the H&T. I am pretty sure you will be OK with any double cardan style shaft from an auto. I grabed 2 froma pick and pull out of i beleive a late 80s early 90s. One is a trail spare that i can use for the front or back iff needed. I would just need to install the correct flange for where it is going. I have not needed the spare yet.

I am currently at 5" and have been running this for 2 years with no issues.
I have a 96 auto with a 8.25 rear.

Remeber to adjust pinion angle after the change. the DC style needs the rear pinion pointed at the transfer case within a couple degree.

Mike

Back