• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Pics from XJ fest

Didn't work for me either :confused:

Nice pics! Looks like it was a great trip.

Some great shots, Justin!
Who's the ugly dude in the red one? :scared:
It was great meeting and wheeling with you. I hope BV was half as fun as Ouray was. I'm sorry I missed that part. :cry:

Can we get an explanation on this one?
DSCN5190.jpg

Nice pics by the way!
Dan.

This is a case of following too close on a dusty county road and the guy in front stops, and just happens to have one hell of a rear bumper. That is John Sprague, the driver. He ran the hell out of that rig and did unbelievably good on the trails in a stocker until this happened. The rig he ran into was Bones's. It broke Bones's tail light and put a wrinkle in his frame. This is right at the trailhead for Taylor Pass.

Last edited:
old_man said:
This is a case of following too close on a dusty county road and the guy in front stops, and just happens to have one hell of a rear bumper. That is John Sprague, the driver. He ran the hell out of that rig and did unbelievably good on the trails in a stocker until this happened. The rig he ran into was Bones's. It broke Bones's tail light and put a rinkle in his frame. This is right at the trailhead for Taylor Pass.
:( :( :( :( :(

:wow:
John was doing REALLY well in Ouray with that rig.
Everyone OK? (Steve, wife, son?)
That SUCKS... :tear:

BillR said:
:wow:
John was doing REALLY well in Ouray with that rig.
Everyone OK? (Steve, wife, son?)
That SUCKS... :tear:

Yeeup, they're allright.

PS this is Andrew (DJ said you didnt know my SIN?)

Andrew-
How'd you let that happen? :laugh3:
Sounds like BV was alot of fun. Wish I could've been there.
Inchitis, huh? It's a sickness you won't soon cure... Ask me how I know. :banghead: :rof:

Old Man's explanation pretty much covers the facts of the wreck. I was doing what we're told not to do in Day One of driver's ed: overdriving low visibility conditions. Don't let it happen to you. Fortunately no one was injured and most of the damage was to my vehicle, not Bones'(who was a whole lot calmer and more understanding than I probably would have been if the situation had been reversed). I received a lot of great help from a number of people in getting the vehicle back to South Dakota. It is currently being repaired and should be on the road in about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. For those of you who were in the pool for how much the damage was: $6,852.73. We'll see if State Farm lets me renew in November.

BillR said:
Andrew-
How'd you let that happen? :laugh3:
Sounds like BV was alot of fun. Wish I could've been there.
Inchitis, huh? It's a sickness you won't soon cure... Ask me how I know. :banghead: :rof:

:laugh3:

:D:D:D

:cheers:

John_Sprague said:
Old Man's explanation pretty much covers the facts of the wreck. I was doing what we're told not to do in Day One of driver's ed: overdriving low visibility conditions. Don't let it happen to you. Fortunately no one was injured and most of the damage was to my vehicle, not Bones'(who was a whole lot calmer and more understanding than I probably would have been if the situation had been reversed). I received a lot of great help from a number of people in getting the vehicle back to South Dakota. It is currently being repaired and should be on the road in about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. For those of you who were in the pool for how much the damage was: $6,852.73. We'll see if State Farm lets me renew in November.

Thats good to hear...I think? :D So that means insurance is fixing it right? Do you know what your rate increases will be yet?

In all fairness to State Farm, they have ponied up the repair cost without complaint or hassle. As far as how much my premiums will go up...there's the 20% 10 year accident-free discount I was getting plus some sort of accident surcharge. So I'm guessing about 30% or so increase.

Back