• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front leaf spring crossmember Q's

Fletch85

NAXJA Forum User
I am building a front leafspring crossmember for my XJ. Does it matter how low I make my shackle hangers. I see that most peoples are pretty much right on the frame, But my crossmember will sit about 3"s lower then the frame. Is there any problem with having my crossmember lower?

Im not real worried about my approach angle, I'll be running 38" tires, So hopefully they will help me clear any obticales. Im more worried about steering and road mannors with the front lower then the rear. On one of my old rigs I dropped my rear hanger down 4"s and I performed great. So hopefully this setup will work.

I'm excited to see the build up. Take pictures and keep us informed! :lecture:

I will get some pics up, Ive almost got everything in place. Im just waiting on my buddy to get his axles out from under his Jeep so we can get them under mine.

constructionxjpics016.jpg

mounted mine to the bottom of my tube bumper...later move the shackle mounts to the middle of the little 2x2 block under the bumper...got stonger shackles too...

Back