• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

F250 Superduty Diesel 30k service

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Our new tech at work has one, an 02 or 03(?) Powerchoke 4x4 Automatic, and she needs a 30k service. We'll save her a buck or 200 by doing it ourselves, if there's nothing bizzare involved.

What all is involved besides basic fluids/filters, grease, coolant(?) and changing the factory Ford air out of the tires...maybe clean the throttlebody, adjust belts as need be?

Thanks Fordophiles

All I can think of is to change the fuel filter,oil,oil filter,tranny fluid,and tranny filter. IIRC,those Powerstrokes take a lot of oil when changing it. I think someone told me 12 quarts :dunno: I could be WAY wrong though,as that's second-hand knowledge speaking :laugh:

You need to check the coolant for additive mixture. SCMA, if I remember right. No throttle body, they are direct injection. Do a full tranny service. Oil, my 95 takes 17 quarts. The dang filter holds 2 by itself. Buy it by the gallon. Everything else is normal service stuff.
Nate

Tell me about it. The filter is 10 bucks by itself. Tranny service isn't cheap either. IIRC, it holds 15 quarts. Of course, I am getting about 3-4 more mpg than the g/f's 99 XJ ;)

LOL too late, but thanks for the help.

she has seen the light and is trading it in @32k on a TrailBlazer :dunno: Her fiancee has a dually Chevy 8.1 so the horse-trailer gets toted the same I reckon.

LOL she stuck with me for 12 hours of jeep wrenchin the other day 8am-8pm. First woman I spent time with that actually was enthused to watch and also get her fingers greasy helping out. (wants to learn mechanics and who better than I to teach her)

If'n I wasn't married, I could learn to love a gal like that! I didn't mention that she is 25 and very cute :)

Nate are you and Landy still together? Tammy would be all over you like a momma bear on a honey tree.

Oops 2nd girl...

My first GF Tina's dad and brother raced Maico's in Open Class NESC MX (you know you are old if you remember Maico 450 Square Barrels and 490 Megas/Alphas) She raced a YZ80, and knew her way around a toolbox purty well.

Yeah my 99 SuperDuty takes around 15qts in the oil change. But as far as the service you should be able to do it yourself but just have all the tools needed and plenty of time on your hands..........peace

Lots of oil

17 quarts is alot of oil except when compared to my '72 Jaguar XKE that takes 20, count-em, 20 quarts for an in-line 6. I used to go for the $4.99 oil change specials. After about 15 minutes some young tech would come out and say, "How much oil does that take?" When they tried to charge me more I would point out the "any car" printed on the coupon. Needless to say I was told not to come back. It was OK though because there were several oil change places around town and I worked through them all.:D

Woody, sounds like a fun gal to have around! Landy and I are still together though. BTW, had a great day at the INDOT lettings today. Low bidder on 29,000,000 worth of highway jobs including a 17 million dollar R job. Heavy highway is cool!
Nate

Back