• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker Panel Replancement

Joe R.

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 4-door and it has bad rust on the drivers side rocker panel. My dad ordered the new rocker panel and I was just wondering how hard it is to replace. I was going to cut the rust out and weld a new piece in, but I figure why not replace it all? I assume all I have to do is drill out the spot welds, tear it out, and weld it back in... anyone done this before? Any articles?
~Joe~

Dont drill out the spot welds, hit em with an angle grinder. Grind enough off them to detach the outer panel then seperate them with a scraper or wide scredwriver. You dont want to lost the metal on the inner panels otherwise you dont have the areas to weld back to.

Mike

put this on the modified section, plenty of people have replaced them.

man if i was replacing my rockers i would use some 2x4 square tube and make custom rock rails they look real good like that compaired to the bolt on ones. i saw Bear549's xj today and thats how he has his. real clean looking. thats just mho.

Back