• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand cherokee seat in XJ

tripletsjeepin

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I am wanting to know if it will fit. Has anyone tried this. I really would like the split folding option for easier access to our third row seat. Thanks for any info on this.

tripletsjeepin said:
Ok I am wanting to know if it will fit. Has anyone tried this. I really would like the split folding option for easier access to our third row seat. Thanks for any info on this.
IIRC you'll have to manufacture whole set of mounts for it as it mounts differently then the stock back seat. ALso I'm not 100% sure but I think the width might be an issue as it fits slightly differently in relation to the rear wheel well. You might start off with a tape measure and check things out before you get started on it.

I thought of this a while back too. It's POSSIBLE. But will take a lot of work. The GC seats are slightly wider (about 2 inches) and the mounting points (to the floor) are radically different.

Possible, but difficult as I was best able to determine.

I put ZJ buckets in my 96. New brackets are not that difficult to make if you have some fab skills.

--Matt

tripletsjeepin said:

What third row seat? If you have custom installed a third row seat in the cargo area, you could just do aftermarket buckets with five point harnesses in the second row. That gives a lot more space than a bench, although mounting points aren't so easy.

Nay

Back