• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

USA sticker???

slikinchiken said:
on my 88 pioneer on the front fenders there is a sticker that says USA and has the olympic rings....what is the significance of this?? thanks

if its like a white rig with tan interior, You have a collectors item. It was something like the rig the U.S. Olympic ski team used in 88.

If it's a clean ride, show your pride. There are guys looking just for that JEEP. :cheers:

slikinchiken said:
actually it is red with grey interior...it has a 4.0, auto, and 4WD if that helps anyone. thanks

maybe it came in more than one design. The ones I've seen are White / Tan

or maybe someone slapped the sticker on there...

I'm guessing you could take the VIN and do some research on it. Maybe it's the vehicle used to secretly deliver steroids and performance enhancing drugs to the '88 track team. :laugh2:

Yes,Jeep sponsored the Olympics in 88 and alot of them came with the decals...The Give-Away XJ we had last year was one and I got replacemmnet decals from Jeep when we had it painted...and it was Blue with Tan interior

Kudzu said:
Yes,Jeep sponsored the Olympics in 88 and alot of them came with the decals...The Give-Away XJ we had last year was one and I got replacemmnet decals from Jeep when we had it painted...and it was Blue with Tan interior

From what everyone's saying, it sounds like they were done in red, white, and blue to fit in with the US team colours.

Slikinchicken: you may want to visit this link - it's Jeep Customer Service. Provide them with the full VIN and your email address and they should be able to send you the build sheet for your XJ. Not sure if the AMC-built XJs listed special-edition information on the build sheet or not, but on mine it is (it's a 60th Anniversary model). Might be worth a shot.

slikinchiken said:
well i did request a build sheet about a week and a half ago but havent gotten any mail yet...i guess i'll try again and see what happens.

Mine took about three days to come through, so you probably should've got it by now. A dealer service department should also be able to pull the build sheet for you, so it might be worth heading over to them tomorrow and asking.

i emailed them a little bit ago and i got the automated email saying they would reply within 3 days so i should get it....the first time i did it, i didnt get that email so maybe i entered my address wrong....i didn't have any problems on my 90 when i got the sheet on it about a year ago...i guess i'll see in a couple of days.

i dont think you can get a build sheet for an 88...i tried for my 87 and it was too old because it was still considered a AMC. i *think* you cant get them on anything older than like 1990...

EDIT here is the email i received:

Dear Brett,

Thank you for your recent email to DaimlerChrysler Motors regarding your
'87 vehicle.

Due to the age of the vehicle, the information you are seeking is no
longer available. I am sorry I cannot provide you with a more favorable
reply.

We have updated our database to reflect current ownership of this
vehicle.

Thank you again for your email.

Back