• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Cooler Help!!!!

catnip

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a B&M External Tranny Cooler and looked at how to install it last night and have a couple questions.

Now for an easy install it would seem easiest to install the cooler before the radiator (tranny>cooler>rad>tranny)

For those of you that set it up like the factory cooler (after the rad) where abouts did you splice it into the line. On my 2000 xj it looks damn near impossible to do because there is no room.....

I read tons of posts on this and the arguement just goes back and forth on whether to do it before the rad or after......

If anyone has put one on their 97+ XJ, where did you plumb it in?

Thanks for the help.

I just did one on my 2000XJ and HAyden 1405 it was a little bit of a pain the way I did it was removed the whole front grill to get in there, I mounted the cooler on the ac condenser on the pasenger side by my engine fan so it can get some extra cooling. Then find your return and feed lines. The feed line I cut about 5 inches after that factory bracket that holds in place by the radiator connect the hose to the cooler feed and where I cut and double clamped it on both ends which is fine there is not alot of pressure running thru there. For the return I cut the rubber hose where I would have plenty of hose to work with and I connect that hose with the cooler return hose with a barb like fitting its barbed on both side to connect hoses I dont know, if you know what I mean but thats what I used and double clamped that and I was done. If you have any other questions just ask

Back