• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Xj

Joe R.

NAXJA Forum User
I was working on that 91 I just got... I took a big breaker bar on the harmonic balancer bolt, and I slowely worked the engine loose... I took the plugs out and sprayed tons of PB in there... I can turn the engine with the wrench, but the starter doesnt want to... also, I have the tranny temporarily bolted on... where are the top bolts? anyone know what size they are? The kid I got it from lost these bolts... I will lauch if I get this this running tomorrow... $200 cant beat it...
~Joe~

Joe, PB Blaster is a rust penetrant but not a great lubricant. Now that you have it somewhat loose, buy a quart of 0W30 synthetic oil and a squirt can, and slosh a load of that into each cylinder. Then continue to spin it around using the breaker bar -- with the spark plugs removed, of course. You want to get it as loose and as lubricated as possible before you try to spin it with the starter motor, otherwise you'll just burn that out in the attempt.

I have a class on Tuesday evening -- lemme know if you'd like me to stop by on Wednesday. I'm curious to see this beastie anyway.

Back