• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pitman Arm, Steering Stabalizer, Rear Leafs

turdles

NAXJA Forum User
As i was installing my RE 6200 5.5 Extreme lift i noticed that a pitman arm drop is not included. I realize that the drop will make my steering better but will it make THAT much of a difference? (I sent my brother to 4WP to buy a pitman arm drop but....the morons there gave him the exact same one that came stock on my 2001XJ)

The bolts that my stock steering stabalizer were on will not come out.(Or i can't make them come out.) The RE kit comes with discos but they sit farther towards the center of the jeep then my stock bolts will let them go.(meaning they are at an angle). The disco kit comes with replacement bolts for the stock ones that i cant get out, but i can't get the stock ones out............. any help on ideas to get them out, or how to get them out?

Also, does anyone know of any easy ways to get the rear leafs in?

4WP is stupid, I ordered the 5.5 RE extreme lift, they spent 45min trying to tell me that RE only made one 5.5 lift for XJs(the long arm). I drove the hour to 4WP and showed them the cataloge and they ordered it. It took them 5 weeks to get my stuff to me. They then sold me the wrong pieces for the Pro Crap shocks that i bought. After all that they sold my brother my STOCK pitman arm.

well you should have gotten your kit from one of the dealers around here, like Dirk (dpgoffroad). He would have gotten you everything you needed and probably saved you a few hundred bucks.

Your sway bar bolt is pressed in. It doesn't screw out. You need a BFH or use some heat, thats what I did. Others have cut the bolt end off and used something to press it out. Good luck.

For your leafs. Put the jeep on stands. Bolt on the front eye, then connect leafs to the axle via u-bolts (don't tighten yet), then use a jack to raise your axle so that your leafs line up with the shackle. Tighten everything after that and you should be fine.

by the way 4wp's does suck, don't ever go back to them!

Last edited:
And you wont need the drop pitman arm!

Back